eVote-enabled email lists feature:
- Polls are initialized and administered by the members of the email
list with overriding powers given to the list's owner.
- Members can change their own votes -- until the poll closes.
- Poll types supported are:
- "Yes/No" votes or "Numeric" votes.
- "Single" items or "Grouped" items, examples being "Vote for One
of the Next Five" and "Distribute 20 Votes over the Next 10 Items".
- 3 secrecy options:
- "Public" items: Members can see how other members voted.
- "Private" items: Votes are secret.
- "If-Voted" items: Members can see IF but not HOW others have
- The vote tally can be displayed while the poll is open, or
hidden until the poll is closed.
How it works: eVote attaches to the email list in the alias file. Most
messages sent to the list's address are broadcast to the list as usual.
However, messages that start with the word "eVote" are scooped out of
the message stream and processed by eVote.